SU carb JET problem how dismantle and reassembly ? - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU carb JET problem how dismantle and reassembly ?

Featured Replies

Disconnect the flat linkage attached to the jet nozzle & see if that allows the nozzle to slide up & down smoothly.The linkage occasionally needs a bit of a twist to align perfectly with the bushing & screw. Slide the nozzle up & down with & without the jet needle in place & do the drop test on the piston to ensure the nozzle is aligned with the jet. Lube tho outside of the jet nozzle before reassembly.

I concur.

 

I like to remove the jet and clean with a scotchbrite pad or fine sand paper.

 

Spray the tube where the jet slides with carb cleaner

 

post-7641-14150824637692.jpg

  • 2 years later...

I also have a problem pulling out the nozzle it seems stucked. Can I immerse the whole carb in a can of chem dip? Hoping it will unstuck  I need some expert advise. Thanks

 

506FC9F0-581F-4E06-80C4-92127F750BBB.jpeg

0DABE8BF-F6C5-4E18-BEA7-230246F47447.jpeg

I'm no expert but when it happened to a set I bought I disconnected the hose and twisted the nozzle until it would pull out. It just old gas/ varnish that has it stuck. Pull the hose and slowly turn it until it loosens up.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.