IGNORED

Injector Leaking.

rcb280z

We used to mix up that gasoline/Styrofoam stuff as well! Add it to the list of stupid kid tricks!   :)

If there's a list, I know I'm certainly on it.

This kind of stuff would make a very interesting social study, How (back before the internet) did all of these tricks travel? Could only have been word of mouth, because nobody was writing this stuff down! I'm thrilled that there are other people who have experienced this kind of stuff. And lived.

Funny thing about that is my Dad showed me that when I was a kid in the '70s.  He was working in the yard and stirred up some yellow jackets that lived underground.  They wore him out in about 30 seconds.  A couple of hours later he got his revenge.  That hole burned like JFKs Eternal Flame. 

I bet the stickiness with the replacement injector was a result of two things:

1) The fact that it had sat for so long without actuation, and

2) The lower current supplying capability of the 9V battery that you were using to test it.

I bet that if you would have connected it directly to your big honkin lead-acid car battery it would have opened right away first time.

My brain fart moments now usually result in "$^!#. My back just went. I'll see you in a couple days. I gotta go lay down." :)

I can't claim independent invention for any of those stupid kid tricks. I partook in lots of them, but didn't invent any of them. I picked most of them up from the kids in the neighborhood or from school. I have no idea where those other kids got them from. But the propagation of these tricks is astounding. I never knew they traveled so well.