IGNORED

Triple Oer Carburetor Troubleshooting - Help

adam.

Welcome to the transition nightmare!. You are right there in the zone between 2500-3000. For me it was during moderate acceleration in that zone. I could usually blast right thru that stumble during WOT throttle. I used to watch the AFR go up to 16+ and then the stumble.  

I played with my bleed pipes that were inside my emulsion tubes, but not sure of your set-up. I finally started filling the bleed pipe holes with solder with good results. I had tried everything else including float levels, pilot jets, pump jets and settings, main air jets, main jets without much luck.

I would push the pilot jet as far as you --even running 12 afr at idle and see if that helps.

You need to remember that you are dealing with many variables with triple sidedrafts-this isn't your quadrajet. These carbs weren't meant to be daily drivers as much as they were for racing. Todd at Wolfcreek could not offer much more help then getting the carbs tuned for racing. When I would describe my transition issue he would say you have them running pretty good if you ask me.

When they run good though....

https://youtu.be/NGh6urUlzcQ    

• Like 1

I had a feeling it may have been this dreaded transition but I wasn't sure of their effects.

Now that you both have mentioned it though, when I got to 3krpms through activating the pump jets, I could WOT it from there without hesitation. So it must be the transition.. Damn.

Increasing fuel levels made no difference unfortunately.

So after a bit of reading, I think I may need to decrease the air bleed sizes on my idle jets. Since OER do not offer different sizes, I may need to start using weber idle jets.

I am running lean at the upper end of my low speed circuit, which can be controlled by the idle jet's air bleed. And because I am running lean, I need smaller air bleeders..

Can someone confirm that this may/will work?

Edited by adam.

I will first need to see what my OER idle air bleed sizes are, whether they're equivalent to F8 or F9 etc and go smaller to richen up my circuit.

I believe the #55 idle jet size itself is spot on.

Edited by adam.