Rubber Hatch Hinge Seals? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rubber Hatch Hinge Seals?

Featured Replies

Vintage Rubber has something called "Hatch Hinge Seals"

 

http://www.vintagerubber.com/Datsun240ZHatchHingeSeal.aspx    and are $125 for the pair.

 

Does anyone know what they are for?  What is the benefit of using them today? They are for the 240Z, but I'm interested in knowing if they would also fit the 280Z. I would say that if you take care to paint and fit the hinges, then you wouldn't need to cover them.

If yours are missing or damaged then water will get into that pocket, eventually rust through and then water can enter the cabin. Here's a picture of one that a mouse was eating.

1378327_10202215437974496_580681359_n.jp

 

Chuck

  • Author

Thanks, Chuck.

The 280Z never had these, or I would have bought a set years ago. They are only advertised for the 240Z, but I see no harm i putting them on the 280Z.

I've also heard they removed them on the 280. So my question is... Did they seal the hatch hinges in some OTHER way on the 280, or are they just letting them rust?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think they found a way to let air circulate and dry it out.  Bigger gaps maybe?

  • 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.