IGNORED

260Z Triple Weber Carbs Are Leaking Gas...help!

tidusofchange

Hey y'all. Sorry, I don't know much about forum ettiquette as this is the first one I've joined.The guy said that everything under the hood was perfect, but after driving it for a week, I'm seeing that the carb intakes are leaking gas and the gaskets leading into the engine are wet with gas as well.

I'm kind of a novice (at the Forum thing as well as owning a datsun/working on my car) so any pointers would be appreciated!

I really want to do the car justice! :D

- Josh

Info:

Original Engine - 90k miles

Idle - 1500, sometimes dips down to lower 1000s

Anything else that's relevant?

Can you post some pictures? Sounds like it might be running rich and you could have a broken/leaking intake/exhaust gasket. Once everything's set up properly you should have a steady idle around 800rpm. How bad is the leak?

Chuck

• Like 1

Will post the pics soon (Thanks Chuck) - and WOW, good to know about the RPM! It was idling at 2500 before my dad retuned the carbs a bit - gave me the stink eye as soon as he stepped in the car and saw the tachometer.

After it's been turned off, regular drops can seen falling from the carbs - definitely smells like it's running rich.