It Started With Just One Bolt............ - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

It Started With Just One Bolt............

Featured Replies

As time goes on with my Z project, I stopped adding up the receipts and just sick them into a binder. I am sure that in the end I will have spend FAR MORE then I can ever get for the car. So the spending goes on.....

The most resent spree is the dash. I wanted to just put a full cap on and get the gauges looking nice and running but the deeper I got, the more I thought "Oh! I Can Fix That Too!" So now with a second dash frame being prepped for restoration, The entire Heater box, fan being rebuild including replating all the nuts, screws, bolts washers, linkage, including painstakingly replacing all the foam seals with "As Close As I Can Get" replacements, I am now looking at whats the best way to deal with the dash cover. I have the best cap available but at this point, No! I am going all the way! So. What is better? Finding a new in the box dash? Or going to a place like Just Dashes. Honestly, Someplace like that I have never used or been too and I am worried that well the gauges fit to tight? Too lose? Will they get it right including the little indent next to the Hazard switch?

So the big question, New Dash or Just Dashes?

Polecat

I did the same thing, I have replated everything on my car. Then the rubber looked so bad, I reproduced many of the rubber parts and started www.240zrubberparts.com

 

some pictures of my car and plated parts.

The Link will not work on apple products, sorry.

  http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/photos/

 

steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.