IGNORED

Here I go again

Smokey

Here is the latest Z I am looking seriously at. It is a '70 240 #4804 which is all original with 77,000 miles. It even has an original radio in a box ready to go in the dash. No rust anywhere except for some very small surface rust under the battery. There are no blisters on the car. It was painted by a guy that does old Chevys in Stateville, NC last summer. I am going to try and go look at the car sometime this week.

Here is the car.

post-3408-14150792498154_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks for the link ZmeFly. I might have to look into that one. I gotta do a quick check on the VIN to see if anything looks strange with the history, I love my job :love: . Asheboro is not that far from me, so I might be able to go check it out before the bid is over.

From the look of the pictures, it appears that the car was not jambed when they painted it. They appear a different color than the exterior sheet metal. Also, it looks like the shock towers are carpeted instead of the vinyl diamond mat. Does look nice, and I will keep my eye on the bid.

I go and check out the other one on Wednesday. I am fortunate that it has been serviced by Rock Vest. I will call him on Monday to see what he says about it (I love connections from my former job).

the thing im looking at is he says its mostly original, with the exception of a few things.

it could would maybe be worth it but i would expect a concours condition car for the price that he is asking.

heres another if you dont mind traveling a bit and looks extremely clean.

http://www.vintagemotorssarasota.com/Car_pages/Datsun/70datsun.htm

interior could use a little but i have never seen a straigter set of floor pans and frame rails ever in my life!!

Originally posted by ZmeFly

http://www.vintagemotorssarasota.com/Car_pages/Datsun/70datsun.htm

interior could use a little but i have never seen a straighter set of floor pans and frame rails ever in my life!!

Gosh, they sure do look straight! They also look like significant work has been done. On my car you can see the spot welds and the"step" where the frame rails meet the floorpans. On this car it appears that the "step" has been welded or filled in . I can't see the spot welds at all and the paint is way too shiney for factory. To me, it looks like the car was painted top AND bottom. (maybe on a rotisserie?)

I'm not saying any of this is a bad thing at all, just pointing out the observation. It looks like the work was done nicely.

I would almost have to believe there was some repairs done on this orange one in Florida. Looking at the floors and such, it just doesn't fit with the condition of the interior. If you notice the door gap along the bottom and at the dog leg in a couple of the photos, they aren't too straight....

Nice car, but might be just a tad overpriced....couple grand less and it would be a pretty good deal.

Yeah, the one in Florida has some concerns for me too. The amount of work under the car will make it very difficult to assess the condition of the rails and pans. It has been for sale on trader for about 4 months now. It really does look nice, but I think it has had quite a bit of body work to get where it is.

I really appreciate you guys checking on cars for me. I just can't convince myself that I don't "need" a Z. I feel a fever comin on.