IGNORED

Fuel line clamps

hatepotholez

Yes, those are high pressure fuel Injection hose clamps and are far superior to worm gear style and even the stock Datsun double wire clamps.

The FI style will not "dig-in" to the rubber line and cause thin spots. I've noticed on our L24 engine where the double wire clamps were used, the old braided style rubber lines tended to split right where the wire clamp was seated. With the typical worm gear style clamps they tend to dig into the fuel lines and cause the rubber to squeeze between the holes in the clamp when over tightened. This looks unsightly and can eventually damage the hose if you remove the clamp multiple times.

hose_end.jpg

Another reason I like the FI clamps is because they look more similar to the original double wire hose clamps in construction. Especially if you can get the cad plated kind.

• 4 years later...

On 11/2/2014 at 10:28 AM, FastWoman said:

I use this style:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-g3912/overview/

They're stainless and extremely flexible, and they don't have the exposed slots that cut hoses. They're also not springy, so you can bend the loose end a bit tighter around the hose. Mine have worked great. I recommend them highly. The tail is a bit untidy (could be cut off?), but at least they're stainless and hold the hose well.

Looking for 5/16 or .31 inch fuel tank to electric pump. Will this work?