IGNORED

Help identify my car

Oc240z

I'm new to the Datsun 240z scene

I just rescued a 71 240z out of a Ridgecrest junk yard

The car is complete and almost perfect besides the half asked paint job and rocker rust.

The car was originally red then blue and now silver. From the looks of it, it was worked on in 2007 ish from recipets found in the car.

No paperwork no plates just a vin number

Vin number is hls30-37893

Car has 280zx wheels with an autopower cage

Car has a rebuilt engine with a 5 speed

I'm guessing it's rebuilt because of how clean an fresh it looks with it new parts such as dist. Electronic ignition, plug wires gaskets, electric fan, block has fresh looking paint and the overall condition just looks perfect.

Looks good to me, especially the motor. Look between the front 2 spark plugs to see which cylinder head you have, some numbers cast into the aluminum, then look on the drivers side bottom of the block to find which block you have. Here's a good read on different set-ups, Datsun L-series ZCAR engine modifications

Here's the different colors, 70-78 Datsun Z Paint Code Gallery

I found a receipt from David ball Too intense restorations in the car. Along with brand new headliner with spray adhesive can in the box

A spare seat frame

Few spare horn pads

It has a broken glove compartment door.

So far It turns over but all the electrical was disconnected under the dash and looks like a new headlight wiper switch and ignition were being installed so I have to start from scratch to plug it all back together. So far I've got the passenger side all done but the ignition seems to be a rad more difficult since the key won't turn over. Luckily I live right down the street from Motorsport Z store in orange ca.

• 2 weeks later...

So i think im going a different route and will be selling the 240 as a complete car. 

Any one interested?

Located in Southern California, 

I got the car running just needs odds n ends, 

List of things 

autopower cage new

2 MSA seat covers

5 speed

280 distributor conversion

electric msa fan 

original space saver with full bottle

280z turbo snowflake wheels

rebuilt 2.4

no floor pan rust 

typical dog leg rust

new windshield rubber gasket

original wood steering wheel with 3 horn pads

gt steering wheel with horn conversion 

Simpson belt harness

all original glass

car is a solid car just needs someone who will take the time and have fun with her. 

Im going more the route of putting my wife in a sand rail so the Z has to go. 

6K 714-350-5491 

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is nearly 4 years old but I ended up picking up the car. I was able to pick up a title for it and ended up replacing the entire cars electrical system, the car was a 7/71 car but it had a 73 harness installed with a spliced up 260z turnsignal switch and a 280z headlight switch. So the car is coming together quite well it just had quite a few problems that were made by the shop that had done the big restoration, I'm guessing that they had never worked on a Z car before because of the amount of parts from different year model cars, and that instead of gaskets they used orange RTV to rebuild the carbs. as for the pans they had been fiber glassed over to give the impression they were rust free but were infact in pretty rough shape. I plan on starting up a thread on my restoration progress on the car and give an ending to the story for this car.

Edited by Ravika
Grammar and punctuation