Do 77's have internal voltage regulator? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Do 77's have internal voltage regulator?

Featured Replies

Maybe it's just that I'm a novice, but I can't locate the voltage regulator:ermm:

If it isn't mounted below the underhood trouble light, guess it means they started the internal regulator in 77 and not 78 like has been previously thought....

I think they changed in 77 but am not 100% sure...

There were quite a few changes made between the 75-76's and the 77-78's that it is probable they did...

Originally posted by Zedrally

If its a 280Z then it's internal.

That was a quote from Haynes.

I assumed all 280's had IR altenators?

  • 8 years later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I realize its a five year old post, but for the sake of others searching. On a 77, the voltage regulator is external. It's tucked away behind the bracket that holds the fusible links. Hard to see, but it's there. - lenny

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.