Really? $185 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Really? $185

Featured Replies

I doubt your McMaster Carr samples would work as the welting holds the door seal in place. However, this is a common part in the motorcycle world and should be readily available.

  • Author

Actually it will work. I used it on my previous Z many years ago, glued after-market rubber seal to the welting.

Looked and worked fine, a better fit, in fact, than the precision rubber I used on my current Z.

Edited by Oiluj

That price seems pretty reasonable for NOS Nissan Parts. With rubber NOS door seals are now in the $$250.00 per side range - if you can find any. Given all the hassle of fit and door closing issues with the after-market seals, OEM door seals seem like a place to spend the money.

FWIW,

Carl B.

  • Author

Carl,

I agree completely, if it had the OEM rubber seals. However, it's just the edge trim, no door seal, which seems out of line cost wise.

Is the bare rubber seal, (not mounted to the edging), still available? I thought Nissan S30 door seals were NLA. At least that's what the Nissan dealer told me a couple years ago...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

yes - the NOS Door Seals, both with and without the pinch welting - are NLA - so you have to find someone that bought them years ago - and who now wising to resell them.

Carl

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/body-paint-s30/45552-door-slamming-issue-fixed-finally.html

Read my post 39 and see the pictures. That seal has the welting ( welting looks the same like the one TS posted ) on to it all in one. I've had no leaks since and easy door closing. If people are interested here I can buy it on a roll.

And it's way cheaper than that 185 dollar for the welting alone !

Edited by bartsscooterservice

Or, you can use KIA Sportage door seals like many of us have with good results.

$20 at the wreckers or new from Kia.

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.