IGNORED

Hello from ze Germany!

DZ240

Hi guys,

Recently I purchased a modified 240Z. The car has tailored coilovers from K&W (fully adjustable), brake system upgrade with discs all around, Watanabe wheels, rebuild interior and few more.

Ze overall condition is great. Ze car drives great. Thank you.

^this was a typical german introduction, correct but boring, haha. Just fooling around...:stupid:

The Z is my first old school car in my collection. Until now I was collecting and driving mostly japanese cars from the 80s and 90s. There were (and still are) Hondas, Lexus, Nissan, but never a Toyota (don't know why cause they have some great cars too). And some french cars (no, they are not as bad as their reputation).

But I'm digressing...

So the Z was a surprise purchase over a holiday weekend. It popped up on the usual car webpages and after a short call with the owner I went on the road to inspect the car and bought it right away. According to the seller this Z is an one of in the whole country of Germany. And taking into consideration how rare those cars are over here, I totally believe him. It is like buying an old Alfa Romeo in the US. Hardly to get your hands on a nice one.

My Z is fully restored and originated in the Californian sun.

There were other Z on the market but either they were rusted or in untouched stock shape. My goal was to find one which is modified. There it was. Sitting in the garage, low stance on those beautiful Watanabes.

Since I bought it I drove her about 500 miles around the area here. People take notice of her, even hardly anybody knows what car it is. Datsun? What's that? Nissan? Oh yeah I know Nissan but I never thought they built such gorgeous cars! Nice one! etc etc.

Currently I have few small niggles with the electric (turn signal flasher is not working properly on left turn signal) but with the help here I'm pretty sure I'll sort it. Getting spare parts over here is a real challenge.

The forum provides very helpful information and I hope I also can contribute to it any soon!

seeya

Luke

Welcome to the club Luke.

Not many of us europeans on the forum, not active anyways. Sounds like a nice Zed. Any photos?

Chas

Thanks! I will upload some pictures soon. Everything I got now are some pics with the car standing in the garage. Not very tempting are they...

It seems to me there are way more Z on the roads in NL then over here. Do you have a strong community in the NL?

Hi Like:

Once you start to drive a Datsun 240Z - you are hooked for life. Nothing else is quite the same, nor quite as much fun. They are a great Sports/GT - as I am sure you will realize.

I helped a friend in Germany find/buy his first Datsun 240Z and I'm always on the look out for others here. So I know how hard to find they are there. Really good one's are becoming very hard to find. So I think you have made a very good purchase.

We'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing more about your 240Z.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hi Luke,

You don't see many here in NL these days. Bart is the only one with a 240Z on the road that I know of in my area. A friend in a town nearby town had a 260Z in the same original 305 blue my car was. I know a threw guys with projects in different stages of completion and there are 14 or so in our club Z&ZX Club but the members are dropping each year.

The last time I seen a Zed on the road was two years ago.

Chas

Thanks guys for the hearty welcome!

I already feel at home here. Thank you very much!

I know what you all are talking about when referring to becoming hooked up to the Z. It took me only few moments of the whole test drive to fall in love. I love the mechanical feel of the Z, the short shift of the box, the engine sound (although a little bit muffled due to domestic regulations), the entire feeling that embrace yourself when sitting behind the wheel. My english vocabulary is lacking some superlatives to describe entirely what is going on inside me when pushing the car :tapemouth

It is the whole experience you get with driving this car. When I happen to have really sad days cause something is going wrong with my business or the stocks exchange is not working in "my" direction, then all I need to do, is to get in the car, fire it up, let it rev and within seconds I forget the whole world around me. And if sun is out, a drive in the countryside is a must!

Some teasers attached! More to come, I promise.

post-30709-14150829672172_thumb.jpg

post-30709-14150829672905_thumb.jpg