IGNORED

260Z with turbo kit

Bpaccaud

Hi Alan,

AFAIK, the kit on my car was made by 'Creations'. But I'll be damned if they didn't just rip-off the Janspeed design....

For the EFI cars that were modified here, the 2 kits used were from HKS & SK's. The kits basically emulated the L20AET/L28ET design, but used a J-pipe on the stock manifold, a Mitsubishi (?) turbo & an ignition retard module. I've got a modifed T3 on mine + intercooling + aftermarket EFI, so it's a little more 'refined'.

(I have photo's of the J-pipe SOMEWHERE, but I can't find it)

Bpaccaud, what's the chance of taking some digital photo's of the car & posting them?

That would help us to inform you about the value of the car.

I dont think I can add much more to this discussion at this time, my experience pre-dates the electronic age, and "Mr Attard" wrote the forced induction bible I worked from. I must say I agree with Ben digital photo,s whould be great to help with any assessment.

Alan

To the Janspeed Address, it is a small world I actually lived in Broadchalk in 65 when my father worked for the MOD at Bosmome down (TSR2).

Yes I must addmit I have heard of all the Turbo makes mentioned by all parties.

Ben

I love the improvements I saw on the turbo system setup, a case of just the right mix of Mods. Was that a Ford throttle body?

Ben P

To Add to Alans imput on external control the most probable senario is a modified mechanical ignition advance only in a standard type Hitachi distibutor with a fixed bleed at the waste gate control.

Cheers

Steve

:classic: :classic:

hi guys you could saw the photo on the member galery when they will be approuved.

Open Bpaccaud pictures and you'll see all about the 260 z 2+2 i see to buy.

PS: i know the air filter is hideous but that was the only solution that the guy find to enrich the mixture:stupid: :stupid:

Ben,

since the car has a significant amount of rust that you can see, it probably has quite a bit more (that you just haven't found yet).

My advice would be: BE PATIENT AND LOOK AROUND A LITTLE MORE. That car's not going anywhere soon.

For a Z car that you intend to restore, your better off to find one that is structurally solid, but needs a lot of mechanical/electrical work. On this car, you'll be spending a lot of Euros and time fixing the engine AND the body.

You'll be on the road with a sweet ride much sooner, if you find a rust free Z.

For what it's worth.

You 're probably right MDyer,

but i look around my country (South France) and there was no many Z and when i find one it was ofen in the same condition. this one is the baddest (for the body) but have a good inside and probably few Kms, and i can't spent lot of money to buy one at that time, but i have time to work on it....and invest few Euros little by little.

I'm concious there are an important body work on it and i'm only mechanic teacher, not bodyworker........

i think i'll suggest few Euros for it (1000 maxi) and wait and see if the salesman break down.

I would like to save this car

:love:

this one was better, but the same rail problem for one side, but the salesman had wanting 3800 euros for it.....

post-3405-14150792496393_thumb.jpg

Ben,

this Z is a lot of work to the body from what I see in the Gallery the area on the front uni body (rail area) will patch up allright with some good welding, In the door Jam you see the rust in the corner at the back, comes from inside to out, if you look in the front of the back wheel well you will probably see another Rust hole. If you pull the carpet look with a torch under the door opening for rust holes I think this Z has been in the weather sitting still for a long time. The interior and everything else looks good and will all repair up. I think the 2 seat Z has a better looking body from one picture. If it was my choice I would not buy the 4 Seater.

Good luck

Steve :classic:

you can see the other picture of the gray car, but this one have had a new paint work few years befor so it looks good but it have also rust area.

Like we say in France "beautiful for far, far to be beautiful" i hope the translate is good....

Ben you can see the janspeed kit picture on my gallery to compare with your assembly.

Thinks for all guy

Bpaccaud