IGNORED

Fuel injector replacements

Blue_streak

Your right. Thanks Zed. Ill correct it.

Something else worth mentioning. I checked my gauge (in the photos) at work and its was reading about 2-3psi high. So 40psi is really about 37-38psi. Its now calibrated (as best a gauge can be)

Chas

Edited by EuroDat

I think I may have found a new mystery in my car.using the color wire diagrams available for 76 280z I was trying to trace the wire from the negative terminal on the coil to the ecu. According to it I should have 2 blue wires coming off the coil one to positive one to negative. I have a black and white on the negative and a blue on the positive.which if I'm right means that it's a 77 wire harness, according to the 77 color wire diagram,and the wires are going to the wrong terminals. I'm gonna swap them and do the test with the ecu plug when I get home from work tonight

Edited by Blue_streak

The coil will actually work with the wires backward. I don't know if it's good for it or harms the performance or if it even matters. But the ballast resistor connections need to be correct, to have the correct wires to the ignition module and power supply.

You're on the right track though, getting all wires back to spec.

L = blue, BW = black with white stripe, BL = black with blue stripe,

post-20342-14150829469561_thumb.png

Edited by Zed Head

Just a quick thing to check: If you did the ZX distributor upgrade, then there should be no ballast resistor AND you should have the matching ZX coil to go with it.

Another thing to check: Does your tachometer operate properly? My 1976 had a ZX distributor/ignition module upgrade performed by the previous owner. It ran but would cut out sometimes AND the tachometer was jumpy and did not read correctly. I believe both of these are symptoms of a weak/dying ignition module. I replaced the distributor/ignition module with a "rebuilt" unit and it fixed both of these problems.