IGNORED

Not for Fuel Injection Systems!

sscanf

When they say" "Not for Fuel Injection Systems", They mean it!

See photo. Driving home last week I was suddenly awash in unburnt fuel fumes. Only about half a mile from home (and, surprisingly, it was running OK). I pulled in the driveway and found a ruptured line (the piece between the hard line and the fuel filter). This line was installed by a PO but never checked by the current owner :(. Replaced them over the weekend (and the fuel filter while I was at it - my gauge shows a very slight increase in fuel pressure at idle).

post-26703-14150829067122_thumb.jpg

Checked the hose coming out of the fuel pump in the back last night. Same thing. Replaced it with new EFI hose.

By the way, when I took that small piece off with the tear, I found on the other side: "Not For " and it was cut off. I had to look at the other hoses to find out what it was not for :). The stuff I replaced it with came from behind the counter at the local Auto Value. $5/foot and I used up almost all of the 3 feet I bought (I probably didn't need to use it on the pressure regulator return line - that was the longest length). It was marked that it was for fuel injection but it is not the stuff with the blue liner.

The "SAE 30R6" code number is also an indication. That 30R6 is not rated for FI. For the pressure side, you want "SAE 30R9".

Here's some info from Goodyear Fuel Hose | Goodyear® Engineered Products ::

The 30R6 and 30R7 are fine for the return side since they're under no significant pressure, but the pressure side needs to be rated for FI.

BTW - Yikes! :paranoid: