IGNORED

Squealy steering

Seems like my car has gone old, it has started squealing from everywhere LOL.

This aint a problem in daily drive, it's just embarrasing when parking and leaving, happens in low speeds. Also like the other noise (from transmission/clutch) this is LOUD. Friend of mine suggested that it comes from bearing between spring dish and that rubber insulator, but it sounds like its coming from lower, area of ball joint. I greased practically everything i could see behind wheel (except brakes..LOL) but the sound aint going away.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iid5qf9tq0r67hm/20140609_214601.mp4

to clarify that only comes from driver side

Wow, That's impressive if nothing else, That noise just topped my list of strange noises from machines. I'm with Blue, Tires on painted concrete was my first thought. Second was a puppy under the tire, I'd go to my 3' garden hose stethescope. With the help of a friend moving the s-wheel( I'm assuming that is what you're doing when the noise appears), you should be able to poke 1 end of the hose toward the noise from above or below, the other end to an ear & locate the sound. An ear plug in the other ear may help muffle the noise. Please follow up & let me know what you discovered. I need closure. Mark

Hah, okay thanks :) No balloon animals or puppies. It really is weird sound and it appears on all surfaces. Usually noise emerges when steering wheel is barely moved, when you turn it quikly or forcefully, no sound, when doing slight alterations SQUEEEEEKKK. I removed the tire and the sound went off. Maybe it actually is the strut bearing because when there is no tire, also no pressure to strut dish/insulator/bearing...

Hah youre welcome, feel free to use that as your phone ringtone or something LOL:D

Just noted that i can get the same sound by pressing front left strut downwards (aka. hopping over hood) ... could it still be the bearing?

I am nearly certain the sound is from something rubber. The steering related items to check/listen closely would be:

rubber dust cover on tie rod end

rubber bump stop at top of strut

rubber damper in strut mount

rubber bellows dust seal on strut

Some pics here: http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/suspension/tokicoupgrade/tokicoinstallfront.htm

As Mark says, try to listen closely to each.

You can also try lubricating each with lithium grease spray

post-7641-14150828931341_thumb.jpg

i bet i know what it is - my car was doing the same thing after i updated the suspension...

the top of the spring perch has a big rubber isolator that has a sealing lip against the perch which keeps the thrust bearing protected from dust & debris - i cleaned that off really well and wire-wheeled and painted the spring perch, and the isolator sealing lip was squeaking as the perch twisted with the steering. had to pull it all apart and apply a liberal smear of lithium grease to the top of the perch and the rubber isolator sealing lip and presto! no more squeaky toy ;}