Windshield wiper reast position - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Windshield wiper reast position

Featured Replies

I installed a wiper motor bought on Ebay from a seller in Canada. The motor works, but when I turn it off, it comes to rest in the up position. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Search for wiper park. I think there is something on this site about that. You might have to just google that with the model of your car.

SteveJ,

Was the park in the up position issue because the slot on the motor shaft was 180 out where the linkage goes over the motor shaft? Searching would be better but that is what I think I remember.

Mike

Edited by Mikes Z car

What you can try although it's time consuming is to turn off the wipers see where they are parked, take the wiper arms off the spindles and position them in the proper park position, turn them back on and see if they work correctly. It sounds like the wiper arm is 180 out. Just my 2¢.

Edited by mjr45

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

When I turn the wipers off, the spindle rotates to the left.

Just a shot in the dark here. :ermm:

Could there be left and right hand drive wiper motors?

My right hand drive 240 parks the wipers to the left as could be expected.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.