IGNORED

Wiper motor and jets are not working on my 72 240z

jalexquijano

the wiper motor and jets are not working on my 240z. Initially when i purchased my 240z the wipers arms moved slow not fast as the ones in my honda crv. The jets are not spraying wáter. Should i consider replacing the entire motor and wáter pump or could i take this to an electromechanic and have it fixed? I really want a steady and reliable windshield wiper system.

Read up on cleaning the wiper linkages. Replacing the wiper motor to account for the old linkages is like putting a new engine in the car to compensate for bad wheel bearings. Besides that, the dirty, sticky linkages cause the wiper motor to draw more current, potentially putting your wiring at risk.

As for the jets, have you tried to clean them? I have shoved thin strands of wire into them to clean them out. Ultrasonic cleaning may work as well. You can disconnect the jets from the tubing to see if the washer motor still works.