Brackets for bottom of transmission? - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brackets for bottom of transmission?

Featured Replies

I'm taking apart a '82 ZX motor and transmission. When I separated the transmission from the block I didn't close pay attention I guess but when I flipped the block to get the pistons these brackets were there. My 280 or 240 doesn't have them. Are they for 2+2s only or do all ZXs have these? I'll try to use them if I can. Thanks for any replies.

post-24724-14150828144047_thumb.jpg

They can only be used with a combination of the F54 block and a later model ZX transmission. The bolt holes don't exist in the N42 block and early transmissions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.