IGNORED

My "new" Z

After several years without one, I was finally able to find and purchase another S30. All said and done, I paid 1300 for this 74 260 4spd. It wasn't running when I bought it and all of the electric was out of whack. I've got all of that sorted out now it's running and driving down the road beautifully. Amazingly enough, it only has very minor rust. I would rate the interior condition about a 7/10. Everything on it works, every gauge, and light. At 70 mph it doesn't vibrate, shake, or pull in any direction. Anyhow, here she is.

IMG_0163_zps1cfc0df0.jpg

With the new wheels and tires:

CAM00027_zpsc8f0f7ff.jpg

CAM00029_zps23e39c08.jpg

CAM00028_zps385750f1.jpg

CAM00030_zps8580b8f6.jpg

All of the interior pieces and exterior trim were removed when I got it, but it came with everything. I'm still working on piecing it all back together, it really just needs a good paint job. Luckily with pretty much no body damage, that'll be coming sooner rather than later. So far to get it where it's at, including title and registration, I'm about $1700 deep into it.

It's funny how these things get in your blood. I went 11 years with out one and ended up buying two!

Me too! though it was 20 years and a couple of Porsches later. $1,700 is great for that car. That's what got me back to Datsun, away from Porsche, way cheaper to keep up and just as much fun. I just put one of those front spoilers like you have on my 280 and love it. Handles better on the highway at speed.

Very nice, and a great price.

I'm especially impressed with the look of the row of screws/bolts that are holding the half-cap lip down and in-place on the dash. I wonder if that means its not glued down? Are there the same fasteners along the top? Might be an option for someone.

Siteunseen: I also like the look of the front air dam. It came with that, the rear window louver, side window louvers, a spoiler, and tinted headlight covers as well. I'm not particularly fond of the side window louvers, or the spoiler however.

zKars: I'm undecided on the look of the screws. I'm not sure if it was done for aesthetics or for an actual purpose. And no it's just the ones across the bottom. Not too fond of the idea that it put a bunch of holes in the dash, but I'm assuming it must have been cracked already in order for someone to get the cap on it.

It's funny how these things get in your blood. I went 11 years with out one and ended up buying two!

I know it, they're very addicting. I've owned along with this 260 a 77 280 a 79 280zx, an 83 280zxt, an 85 300zx, an 86 300zx, and an 89 300zx.

Of all those I really regret selling my 77 and my 89 the most. This 260 is with me to stay, however. I've no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon or ever.