IGNORED

Yet another running rich thread

kacrow76

Ok so i have been flowing this other thread for some time. hopping you would find the trouble as my 76 is some what the same. new injectors new csv new plugs and wires ngk new.

mine starts right up when cold. but then is running very rich until it warms up it then is still rich i think just not as bad.the other day day i did find something interesting. right after start up when cold it i would remove the oil fill cap it would run better.after it was warm just the opposite. is there any thing to that.not sure how to link this to the other thread?

Here you go - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/fuel-injection-s30/51416-runs-rich-high-idle-after-restart.html#post449632

The engine runs better when you remove the filler cap because unmetered air (hasn't gone through the AFM) gets sucked in through the PCV system. It just confirms that the engine is running rich when cold. After the engine warms up, the unmetered air leans out the mixture and the engine doesn't run well.

The best thing that anyone can do when these engines don't run right is to go through as many of the tests in the FSM Engine Fuel chapter as possible, and write down numbers for each test. Fuel pressure, resistance at the coolant temperature sensor, voltage at the injector plugs, etc. Then, in their thread, give as much detail as possible about the parts on the engine, if they're new or used, and if anything has been removed, like the EGR system, for example. Every component on the engine has a function and can affect the way the engine runs.