IGNORED

Carter rotary pump

Reverend

Should have went with RX7 pump- cheap and very quiet.

I would go with a relay for sure. You might check out my Mikuni thread for a write up. You should have the proper power supply behind your heater control panel - green and black wire.

Edited by madkaw

If you go into the Carb section (Mikuni) you will find lots of info - I would install one of these without a doubt just in case. Mounted my switch on the fire wall below the wiper switch. I did not pull the power from the pre ran wiring. Just in case I were to have an accident I wanted the power cut from the pump immediately! The Carter pump in a little loud at idle inside the car - but as soon as you go you can't hear it due to the music from the Mikuni's. Anymore I don't even listen to the radio - exhaust tone is the best!

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/InertialSwitch.jpg/220px-InertialSwitch.jpg

Actually i have not yet purchased the pump, any pump will do, as long as it does these:

1) feeds the triples

2) has return line

3) easy to install

4) quite affordable

1)Rx7 pump is perfect for triples, but you should probably run a regulator

2) you mean the regulator has a return? My set up dead heads at the carbs

3) depends where you put it

4) 35$

You can get a Carter fuel pump for the RX-7 if this is the one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p60504/overview/make/mazda/model/rx-7

Carter is still made in USA. Recently read an article online about Federal Mogul selling the Carter division (and the Carter factory). F-M spokesman said they're getting rid of factories in all countries with high labor costs (and adult workers?). According to the article, the new owners will continue making fuel pumps at the USA factory with the same employees.