IGNORED

Keeping my Z safe in LA

AldaMax

The "car zapper" sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, for the same reason "booby traps" in your home are not allowed.

All that has to happen is for someone to get zapped, fall and hit their head or break and arm and they can sue you. It doesn't matter that it's no lethal, they will have suffered injury.

I don't agree with it, but have read of a similar case where a burglar sued the home owner because he was "captured" by the device and couldn't leave. He sued and won for wrongful imprisonment.

Found this on the web: "Use of Force

If your booby-trap constitutes the use of force on anyone, then you must take great care and consideration before deploying it because use of force requires that you reasonably believe that force is immediately necessary. If your booby-trap uses force on someone that it wasn’t reasonable to use force on (child wanders on your property) then you will probably have your own crime to answer for."

I agree with other posts that the simplest thing to do is disable the ignition or use a battery cut-off. These will prevent "casual" thieves.

But if a professional car thief really wants it, there's not much you can do to prevent them from just dragging it onto a trailer with a winch.

Awesome, thanks guys. Rotor it is then.

What do you think about the steering wheel locks?

I heard that for a real theft it's probably going to be a piece of cake to bend and remove it ? But additional protection is always good I guess, especially when it's very cheap ?

Steering wheel locks don't work for most. You can just cut the wheel to take it off. If you get and automatic, there is a brake lock that works better then the wheel lock. But pull the cord to the coil and you should be good