Mike

Do you like our new website?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like our new website?

• Yes, it's great!
    • No, I like the old one better.
    • I'm not sure.

Mike -

Looks good so far! I've found one or two minor things to tweak (will e/m you directly), but I like it a lot better than the old site, and that was pretty darn good. It amazes me that you have time for this AND the Yellow beast!

Originally posted by norcal z

Mike -

Looks good so far! I've found one or two minor things to tweak (will e/m you directly), but I like it a lot better than the old site, and that was pretty darn good. It amazes me that you have time for this AND the Yellow beast!

Where did you find problems? I'd like to see if I can fix 'em.

Did I say that I did this AND work on the yellow beast? Unfortunately, I haven't touched her in awhile. But, winter is here, I've got a furnace for the garage, and I'm ready to start again!:cool:

I sent you an e/m about a problem posting a pic (you recently replied to it, and I just responded to that). Also, there was a minor grammatical error on the auto response to when i posted a new link a Z business. I'll try posting another new link and copy the text (sorry, I'm rather 'anal' about the use of "and" and "an").

edit: hmmm, I thought I read that you were finally getting the yellow one back together again. At least you have a garage!

gp

I gotta take issue with your signature line, mikey....

:D

Kyle

'72 240z... I'll give it to ya in two flavas:

Broken engine, body in pieces, ugly paint, spread out all over

--or--

10:1 L28/N42 cam/header/SUs, 5speed, all PU, 15x7 Panas, etc

(kinda like the last one better)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Everything looks great. Really like the 'high-brow' and 'above-the-belt' dialogue. I have been a regular at "Brand X" for over a year but kinda got fed up with the 'punk factor'. KNOWADDAMEAN?

This place is great. BUT....................IF I had to change one thing......Fewer forum topics, or perhaps fewer forums would be the right way to say it. It takes too long to surf everything. I would much rather scroll down through a longer and more diverse selection of threads in one forum--selecting what I want to read--than travel back and forth hitting a bunch of different forums.

steve77

I second Zvoiture's feelings about the "punk factor" on the other Z car sites. Another great plus for this site is it's concentration on the 240-Z (and the 260/280 since there are so many similarities). One can get downright weary the other sites just weeding through the 300 posts to find something worthwhile.

I don't share the opinion that there are too many forums. since I try to log on daily, I get most of the posts by going to the "View New Posts" option.

Keep up the good work.

I've taken your suggestions to heart and I've decided to review the quantity of forums on our site.

I'll try to decide if what we have is adequate or if I can consolidate some of our forums to make it less confusing.

Too many options can sometimes intimidate people.

Anyway, I know what you mean because I see a lot of posts about certain Z questions in the OPEN FORUM when it clearly should be placed somewhere else.

Then again, there's absolutely no way to make it perfect. There will always be differences of opinion no matter what we do.

Thanks again for the ideas, I'll look into them.

One example: The 'Technical Articles' forum. I know what this forum is INTENDED for...for the longwinded and incredibly educational instructional notes of John Coffey, Wayne Burnstein, etc. etc..but in reality, it is a discussion forum of items that clearly should be bantered about on 'Systems' or Susp or whatever.

I surf through everything here twice daily and am STILL finding nooks and crannies of info.

Here's a question: There appears to be two different areas for 'Rides' or Member Gallery. It appears (at least to me) that if you click on the link under the rotating picture at the top of the home page, it takes you to a different place than the 'Members Gallery' topic under the 'Photos' forum.

The home page is the best! I love all that info on one page.

steve77