IGNORED

Help with Combo Switch please

siteunseen

I'm not sure how long I've had this problem, I don't drive it at night too much. Last evening I noticed my dash lights weren't on when it got dark enough to tell. I came home and realized the PARK lights weren't working either. I have constant power on the green/blue park light solder spot, no power at the the green/white dash light solder spot. If I jumper to the dash light solder they work but the constant power to the green/blue park light solder has me confused, which is easy to do with wiring. Can anyone offer me some ideas? opinions? facts? '77 280Z, build date 09/'76, I've been reading Z'sondabrain thread. Thanks for any replies.

post-24724-14150826797673_thumb.jpg

The G/L wire comes off the fusebox. It's the wire that carries 12VDC+ to the switch. It should be hot all of the time. The switch then makes contact between the G/L & G/W wires. The G/W wire then carries the voltage to the light.

That was easier than I thought. Anyone who hasn't yet should spend a few hours cleaning this switch, I've got lights I don't remember having. Headlights are a steady beam now and my dash lights are brighter too. Thanks again to MikeW.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/tech-pubs-howto/17688-repairing-240z-combination-switch.html.