IGNORED

Cam's 1977 240k Sedan

Yamahacam

• 2 weeks later...

When I cleaned the Aussie ones the lenses where quite difficult to get off. I just used something like all clear from memory. The jap lenses almost fell out when I was cleaning them. Used a black sealant I had a work because it was free. Used it sparingly so not too messy.

When I cleaned the Aussie ones the lenses where quite difficult to get off. I just used something like all clear from memory. The jap lenses almost fell out when I was cleaning them. Used a black sealant I had a work because it was free. Used it sparingly so not too messy.

Yeah the Aussie ones seem quite tough. I'll try polish them up together and try put brighter bulbs in to make it better. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Advertised on gumtree recently for l24 l26 l28 engines and got a few responses. I bought one today. L26 complete, twin dome top su, filter housing and hpc coated extractors which u don't think will fit. Fresh head and was running well when taken out for v8 conversion.

post-28990-14150829692726_thumb.jpg

post-28990-14150829692086_thumb.jpg

I think so, no one really goes on about the l26, but offers I had for l28 where ridiculous. In fact everyone was chasing stupid money (imo) for all of them except this one. Main reason I bought it was that the su's had been set up for this motor, hopefully less stuffing around and just drop it in with the 5 spd. I am secretly expecting to find a mod cam under that cam cover too. Wait and see.