IGNORED

Started on the restoration of my FJ40 yesterday.

JLPurcell

post-7454-14150826582009_thumb.jpg

Started the tear down of my 72 Land Cruiser yesterday, it is a pleasure to take a vehicle apart that is not rusted together at the nuts and bolts. So far sourcing parts looks to be much easier than it is for the Z. We will see as I get deeper into the project.

Love it I bought a 2007, but I always wanted one of the older ones. I just never found one that wasn't all rusted up, or modified in a way that makes it hard to get it the way I wanted it. A lot of the times the front ends were changed out, the wheel well were overly cutout and/or they were more rust than steel.

I like how yours looks very simple and original like, and my favorite tire for my off-roading the BF Goodrich TA KOs

I just got back in from the garage, in one full day I have: removed all of the front end up to the firewall, removed all of the interior, removed the back swing doors and swinging spare tire carrier, I have ran a tap in all of the threads to clean them out, removed the white portion of the top and drilled out all of the screws fastening down the aftermarket roof rack and rails. I will post some photos soon. I was originally looking for a Datsun Patrol and had the same issue with not being able to find a clean survivor to start with. While looking for a Patrol I found this FJ and it is completely rust free and all original. It came from Sonora county, CA and was a one owner vehicle until it was bought from the family for resale on ebay.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The frame is now ready for powder coat.;) I have mocked up, fabricated and installed all of the brackets etc... for the power steering upgrade. The front splash panel is modified for the new steering location. Goes to powder coat on Tuesday. I do have a few more small parts to blast prior to powder coat.:ermm:

post-7454-14150830291313_thumb.jpeg

post-7454-14150830290632_thumb.jpeg

post-7454-14150830290865_thumb.jpeg

post-7454-14150830291089_thumb.jpeg