IGNORED

Back to the Future -- 1971 Datsun 240Z

After owning an original 1971 240Z from 1971 to 1981 and then selling it (regretted even since) due to our son's car seat not fitting in it (back deck), I recently purchased a 1971 240Z that is very original. I bought the car from an engineer in Washington State and then drove it home to Colorado! It was a 1250 mile 3 day beautiful drive (although hot without A/C) and the new Z ran smoothly all the way. It has beautiful red (repaint with original 1971 Red Datsun color shade) paint and a "dealer option installed" black folding (material replaced) moon/sun roof. If anyone has any further info or website forum threads on this type of roof, please let me know. I think they were fairly uncommon.

I'm very excited to drive this "new" Z car around the countryside and mountains :cool: near my Colorado home and in also learning much more about the Z cars and conversing with other Z car enthusiasts via this Website.

Bill

It might be a weathershield brand, I had one on a car that I was going to restore but had a way to much rust once I took it apart. It turned into a parts car. Your car is very nice. here is a link to when I asked about mine. I wonder if the car that is talked about is yours?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/28490-weathershields-sunroof.html