My E39 touring project - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My E39 touring project

Featured Replies

But WHY?

Is this for you or a customer?

Why this platform?

  • Author

Haha :) For me. I love wagons and BMW's (I also drive a 2004 Volvo V70R wagon). I think it's the best looking BMW wagon ever made. I wanted something unique that could get to the grocery store or Lowe's in a hurry.

If I were to build another 510, it would probably be a wagon as well.

Edited by five&dime

I did not see this topic until then. Car looks fantastic! Good job!

  • Author

Thanks, Matt! It's not for everyone but it's exactly what I have always wanted.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I love it! I'm a huge hatchback/wagon fan. Wouldn't mind an Audi S4 Avant (B6/B7) as a DD if it weren't for it's reliability issues and less than favorable fuel efficiency...

Very cool project. :beer:

Edited by LeonV

  • Author
Bit loud but simply awesome!

Thanks, Leon! I wanted it a bit on the ridiculous side but last night I installed the mufflers and it's still loud LOL I may have to add more mufflers up front.

  • Author

It made 475 rwhp and 477 ft lbs. The torque curve is incredible. It makes 400 ft lbs at around 2400!

Here is the dyno graph, a dyno video and a pic a friend of mine took today at cars and coffee.

9372858911_c438eca714_c.jpg

9376262441_d35225cf88_c.jpg

Edited by five&dime

  • 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.