IGNORED

Are all 240,260,280z quarter panels interchangeable

TomCrowley

i have a 1976 280z an i need 2 replacement quarter panels. I found 2 original datsun quarter panels for 1200 in etching primer for a 240z. i am wondering if they will match up perfectly or if some or its different. He said something about the flares being bigger or smaller but i am going for more custom so i am not worried about that part too much.

Assuming rear quarters? Yes?

If you actually have access to two NOS Nissan 240 rear quarters, just go buy them and be happy. The things that are different will be trivial to you or whoever is mounting them.

If they are the early ones with no vent hole behind the rear quarter glass, 78100-E4600 and 78101-E4600, then they will not be suitable for you, as you will have to create the air vent holes to keep your HVAC air flow working. Since this is clearly too much trouble, please tell me where these are so I can get them. Wasting such precious early sheet metal on a mere 280 would be a crime... :):)

Edited by zKars

As far as I know they are interchangable except for the early 240z with no side vents.

There is clear differences between the 240 and the 280.. If you google images of "datsun 280z rear quarter panel" you can see the different recessed area for the different bumpers. Or with the 280z its the lack of a recess, just a bolt hole for fixing the rubber bumper extension.

Its a golden opPortunity the go for the 240z bumper mod;)

Chas

They are actually datsun factory quarters and they do have the vent holes. Also you have a good point with the 240z bumpers instead of my giant slabs of metal with shock absorbers they try to call bumpers. Thank you all though hopefully I can talk the guy down a little