Door Lock part needed!!! - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door Lock part needed!!!

Featured Replies

Excellent. The arm would be much harder to source than the retainer clip.

I looked through my lock pics (get it?) and I don't have any pics of that clip, but I could take one if you can't.

And BTW - A P/N won't do you any good at a generic H/W store. Just take in your other clip to show as an example.

  • Author

Everyone,

Thank you for the help!! I'll be shooting down to ACE tomorrow after work to see if they got it. If not them, then I'll head to Home Depot. Hopefully I'll be able to get these puppies in soon.

  • Author

I think I found some clips that would work. They are bigger then the standard clip, but don't impede the movement of the mechanism. I think it should do nicely. :-)

Will post pictures later today.

Cool. That clip isn't rocket science. That's why I was suggesting that a replacement clip (of some sort) would be a lot easier to source than a replacement arm.

As long as the clip you found holds the arm securely but still allows it to float on the cam and doesn't interfere with the linkage, it should be fine. Good idea to take a pic so others can see options.

  • 4 weeks later...

I am actually stuck in the same situation with my lock set. I am missing the two locks. I am thinking about buying two new locks off ebay if have to.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.