P90a True or False... - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

P90a True or False...

Featured Replies

True or False: ALL P90a heads have hydraulic lifters.

steve

This another of your tests?

As far as I know all the P90-A's had hydraulic lifters. And I don't know if replacement lifters are even available...:ermm: I don't think I've ever seen them advertised anywhere now that I think about it....

  • Author

No!....honest to god question. I ran into an [alleged] anomaly yesterday--but have not proved it visually.

steve

Maybe I should re-phrase that, as far as I know all the P-90A's used on ZX's were hydraulic lifters, now what else they might have used the head on is a good question. Perhaps the Maxima had one before it went to the V-6? I dunno much about the Maximas so I'm just guessing as there weren't all that many that used the L series besides the ZX and the early Maximas, here in the US that is......:ermm:

Ok, found a little more info on the P90-A.

http://www.geocities.com/row4navy/p-90.html

I was wrong, they do have lifters available from Courtesy, but geesh, they are 42 bucks each and who knows what they might be now?:tapemouth

  • 2 weeks later...

I find this an interesting topic and would like to know the exact answer or confirmation. mainly because I saw this head on a 240z being raced for the targa tasmania rally here in AUS. He was running non turbo tripple webbers probably huge cam but maybe he used the P90 head flow capabilities and changed the lifters etc... here in AUS especially it would be very difficult to obtain spares.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.