IGNORED

Rota RB Rims Fitment Question

galban

My rims are RBR 16X8 + 10 this rim WILL NOT fit the front hub they are made for the rear of the car you could use them without the center cap.. Dont make the same mistake I did.

But The RB 16X7 will fit the hub....

I'm going to guess that the 16x8 wheel and perhaps the 17x8.5 may have a thinner mounting face than the 7 and 7.5. I've tried to get information from rota and from 18 racing to confirm that, but no responses. Maybe someone here can tell me. I suppose that makes sense. Just wondering if the 7.5 and 8.5 look reasonable as a set. Galban, as long as you can keep the bearings from drying out, you should be ok with only the wheel center caps. Did you try "smashing" the bearing caps a little; would that help?

• 2 weeks later...

So, one thing I might have missed: without the inner spindle cap, ie. dust cover, which covers the spindle nut and bearing, will your rota center cap fit? If so, the wheel center cap should suffice to keep the spindle nut and the outer bearing clean. We always kept some grease in the dust cap, so it might still be a good idea, even though you probably don't want grease in it. Any chance you could post a photo of the front wheel mounted, showing the spindle bolt sticking out? Sorry to bother; it's an interesting problem. It sounds like the mounting plate of the wheel is thinner on the 8" wheel than on the 7", if that makes sense. In that case, a wheel spacer should make up the difference, but that essentially changes the offset of the front wheels. Yet, you said you had tried a spacer. It sounds like they've made one wheel for the front and a different wheel for the back, the mounting surfaces being of different thicknesses. If that's true, I wonder why rota doesn't describe this difference. Specs of each wheel would be nice. Good luck!

So this is what I got now. RBR 16X8 +10 with Hankook V12 225/50 rear. RB 16X7 +4 with 205/55 front ... No spacers and the center cap fits with no problems. To all

RBR 16X8 center cap will not fit ... Hope the picture will help.

post-29179-14150824286929_thumb.jpg

The stock motor is in the car. Need to change my spring. Hope that helps with the height. when i got the car it had the flairs .

Guys with 17x8.5 how do they fit .. cause my 8 just makes it i have about 4mm to hit the s prings on the rear. post pictures.

Edited by galban

• 2 weeks later...