" basic settings first gen su " guidelines anyone? - Page 2 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

" basic settings first gen su " guidelines anyone?

Featured Replies

  • Author

I noticed there is a washer ( or 2 ? ) underneath the spring, on top of the piston, whatˊs itˊs function? ( inside the vacuum area in the bell housing ) , I am missing a washer on 1 carb, is it a problem? If so anyone has info on their thickness?

Edited by bartsscooterservice

I noticed there is a washer ( or 2 ? ) underneath the spring, on top of the piston, whatˊs itˊs function?

There should be one plastic washer on each carb, and best as I can tell, that washer exists simply to prevent metal to metal contact when and if the piston rises all the way to the very top. When the piston reaches end of travel in the upwards direction, that's where contact is made.

About the sizes... I don't think the thickness is that critical. If you've got one in the other carb, can't you just measure the thickness of that one? :)

Most of our younger members bypass the search feature and ask direct questions......by doing that there is a TON of information that they are missing due to not searching. Not saying you are but it is the common error, IMO. There is tons of information buried in these threads and by looking - researching - and digging you will find a lot more info that just asking members their opinions. Now once you have researched and have a question any member would be more than willing to assist. Best of luck with your project.

  • Author

I did look at the tech articles and use the search function many times, but couldn't find the exact info on that washer, just a exploided view where it's in..

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
There should be one plastic washer on each carb, and best as I can tell, that washer exists simply to prevent metal to metal contact when and if the piston rises all the way to the very top. When the piston reaches end of travel in the upwards direction, that's where contact is made.

About the sizes... I don't think the thickness is that critical. If you've got one in the other carb, can't you just measure the thickness of that one? :)

good point, will do..thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.