IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Hey Bart. You going to use the yellow numberplates. Im not sure if its allowed but the oldtimer blue plates look neat on a Z.

It will be blue ones, before 78 are blue ones ( historic automobile ), after are yellow ones, this was told to me at the RDW.

BTW no more leaks now from the heater core :D

It will be blue ones, before 78 are blue ones ( historic automobile ), after are yellow ones, this was told to me at the RDW.

BTW no more leaks now from the heater core :D

They told me that after I got the yellow ones:ermm: Now I have both.

Grats on your heater core and piping.

Bart,

Thanks for the updates and glad you got everything straightened out with the plates and insurance. I finally got the fenders off my car and can see how extensive the rust damage is. I haven't found any surprises yet, or at least, nothing I didn't expect to find. :) In a few weeks I'll be ordering new repair panels, floorboards, and frame rails from MSA.

Robert S.

@ EuroDat: yellow ones? What's the year of your Z? When I was at the local autostore yesterday to order plates, they didn't even ask for yellow, the computer said blue right away.

@ RobertS: Thanks. Good luck with repairs on your Z though :)

Still some work to do, but she's almost there. Took it for a testdrive today and it drives pretty good, but some studder from the engine, I think something with the ignition though, old leads. Will have a look.

I was wondering if we can find back the 2nd or even the 1ste owner ( campbell ) of my Z? That would be cool!

Here's some pics of it with the plates on now. The rear plate barely fitted, the us plates are smaller.

2n0kosg.jpg

jahvsp.jpg

@ EuroDat: yellow ones? What's the year of your Z? When I was at the local autostore yesterday to order plates, they didn't even ask for yellow, the computer said blue right away.

Here's some pics of it with the plates on now. The rear plate barely fitted, the us plates are smaller.

Hi Bart,

The store didnt say anything and my wife picked them up. The guy was not too bright. "suckel"

I asked the RDW and it was ok. My Z is 05/77.

I picked up the blue ones. The big square one wouldnt fit the back because of the 280Z bumpers, but Im now converting it to 240Z bumpers.

Chas

Hi Bart. Thanks for all the updates and pictures of the 240. I'm glad to hear you'll soon be enjoying her on the road. It looks good with European plates!! I'll check again to see if I can turn up anything on Steve Campbell. Was there anything on the paperwork that indicated his middle name or initial?

Hi Bart. Thanks for all the updates and pictures of the 240. I'm glad to hear you'll soon be enjoying her on the road. It looks good with European plates!! I'll check again to see if I can turn up anything on Steve Campbell. Was there anything on the paperwork that indicated his middle name or initial?

Hi Alan,

Yes, she's back alive :) made the first trips on the road yesterday. Gotta love the looks from people... not much 240z around here. But the engine was holding back a bit on acceleration, but I fixed that today with some new spark plug cables. Now it's all good :)

This is what I found about Steve Campbell:

Hertel R E JR

5244 Foxridge dr

Shawnee Missionks 66202 ( Date 07/27/1971 )

Bart