halfshaft bolts? special tool? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

halfshaft bolts? special tool?

Featured Replies

I took them off to change the ujoints and diff seal. Now for some reason i cannot get the bolts on the diff side. I cant get a swivel socket i can barely get a wrench in there which is what i used to get them off. Anyone have a special tool or trick to make a 3hr per bolt job easier? I have flank drives also...wont work.

Shallow socket+ 18" of extensions at a slight angle. It's a small window of operation that will fit the socket and sometimes the socket will get jammed and will pull off the extension.

Rotate the halfshaft around to find the sweet spot. Hold the halfshaft in place with a prybar.

Steve is right on target with this. Try to find a thin-wall socket for this.

I use a Snap-On "wabble extension" with a short socket. I also clean & check the threads on the bolts when I have them out, then shoot a little Kroil on them. That allows me to screw them in with my fingers farther to start with.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.