IGNORED

Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......

9teen7t240z

My 73 (9/72) has one fusible link at the starter. Replaced with one from Autozone for a couple dollars when it blew out (forgot to disconnect the battery when tightening the starter connection). If it has any others I don't know about them.

Hello Mike,

I think quite good number of early S30 owners want the plastic clip for the earliest inspection lid 10/69 to mid 70.

I have got some repro from my friend but I wish I could have exact same material like an original, cleam-clear (bit see through) .

Also I think some of us want plastic seat bottom side cover (bolster) for early cars.

kats

I want to thank everyone for your recommendations and input into this thread. While I continue to attempt to determine the current availability status of many of the items requested, it does seem that I'm slowly beginning to narrow the field. The biggest problem is that "availability" seems to be extremely dynamic.....parts which many advertise as being available are not currently "in stock", and parts that have long been considered as extinct are either being made by a less visible vendor or are "projects under development" by someone. What a quagmire!

Anyway.......the narrowed list, at present, looks like this:

1. Stainless steel surrounds for gnose and stock headlight covers, with the associated headlight covers to ensure proper fit and design

2. Euro/JDM tail light assemblies and lenses for 240z

3. Series 1 consoles with all attachments (ashtrays, choke plates, coin box, etc.)

4. Series 2 240z consoles (ditto above)

5. Threshold plates

6. Turn signal switch

7. heater cores for 240z

8. engine bay lights (seems that is a recent NLA piece)

9. rod and ball linkages for throttle assembly

I realize that there were other requests, and they will not be ignored. However, I can only attempt a few of these projects at a time as I do have a business to run (LOL). If anyone would like to volunteer any "cores" for this effort....please let me know. Thanks again for your ideas.

Mike

post-3193-14150822668148_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150822668901_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150822669473_thumb.jpg

Kats,

Thanks for the recommendations. Those should be a couple of relatively easy reproductions, provided that I can secure a decent proto-type or sample of them. I guess I can use the side bolsters on my z.....they are somewhat discolored from age, but remain intact. Curiously, I don't have the clips that you mentioned for the inspection lid covers. My car was built in May 1970.....so it may have been after Datsun stop using those clips, or they were simply gone after 42+ years. In any event, I'll see if I can scrounge up a set to use as a demo.

Mike

Kats,

Those are a couple of fine recommendations, as they should both be relatively easy to duplicate. I can probably use the seat bolsters from my own Z as a demo, even though they have been discolored .....they are still intact. As for scrounging up a set of inspection lid clips, that may take a little time as my car does not have them. I don't know if they were simply lost over the years, or if they were no longer being used on 5/70 dated cars. In any event, I'll see what I can come up with.

Mike

Mike,

From another discussion about 240Z radios (AM and AM/FM), what do you think about reproduction radio face plates? It sounds like they are hard to come by in decent condition. I'm guessing over the years people replaced their original radios and trashed the faceplates. For instance, one of the previous owners of my car replaced the AM radio with a "newer" radio. He reused the original faceplate, but hacked it up to fit the new radio in. Thankfully my car came with a spare original AM radio and faceplate. The faceplate does need a "facelift" though.

Robert S.

I'd just like to chime in as a very infrequent poster but long-term lurker: Mike, I think what you are proposing here is excellent and I will be following this eagerly, most especially as I will certainly be interested in the ZG light covers and correct bezels (my planned next project necessitates these).

One thing to remember with those light covers - in addition to the metal bezel they have a rubber or plastic seal too (I'm sure Alan T can identify the correct material used).

what about the tubes that go through the fire wall for the heater lines? should be easy to reproduce. how many years used the same ones on my 76 they are all but shot and i cant seem to find them any where. one tube is straight and the other one

has a 90 bend in it.

Kacrow, as far as I am aware there is no need to reproduce these, as you can still get them...

RichieP, if the ZG headlight covers have the same rubber seal system as the standard headlight bowl covers, these stick onto the lens, and when you see an OEM set the rubber has sometimes come away leaving a hard glue mess on the lens. I have a pair of standard headlight covers on mine, and from asking Alan T, he pointed me to a closed foam strip (with a sticky side). Just peel off the backing strip and guide onto the lens. Or do you want to be exact and follow the OEM way? Just giving you an option that is easy.

Cheers

Ian