IGNORED

Rear Suspension Rebuild Thread

ksechler

PB Blast no more ! Mix 50\50 acetone or lacquer thinner with ATF '' automatic tranny fluid '' in a small spray bottle and it will loosen anything and everything that you use it on . I like to use a bit of heat where possible...

Be careful using heat around that mixture!

Hey all , the good stuff will smoke a bit when you quench the stuck fastener and I do have my fire extinguisher right beside me when I work , but when I refer to heat it is generally just to allow the metal to expand ever so slightly and when you cool down with the 50\50 mix the fastener then comes loose .

And to all who want to make comment about the good stuff smoking a bit , remind yourselves that these cars are from the 70s :)

z ya

Chris , from very liberal British Columbia !

I have used heat with the 50/50 acetone/ATF mixture after leaving it work its magic for a few minutes. The acetone evaporates in a matter of minutes but not before doing the intended job of getting the ATF where it is needed. It actually wicks uphill quite well on rusted metal and does a great job of penetrating tight rusted fittings as well. In years past, we would pick up PBBlaster while visiting in the US, not being available here and I had never heard of Kroil but after reading about acetone/ATF in an online article, thats all I use now for getting stubborn things to come apart. A great old time tip. Price is right too.