IGNORED

Now that's a brake upgrade!

conedodger

Opps!! It was law #3...

Law 1: Fully understand the project requirements.

Law 2: Take action, apologize later.

Law 3: Don’t re-invent or build what you can buy.

Law 4: Simple is better than complex.

Law 5: Design it so you don’t become a slave to what you build.

They are posted at my desk and I use them when mentoring junior engineers.

Edited by Oiluj

We're good Julio. We are actually three different companies that come together for projects. In all three cases the businesses are our own. 99% of what we have done is Porsche related. I am trying to coax us as a group into the Z project. Our goal is to make no money. No kidding. We're simply trying to make available what is NLA. We're fully cognizant of the fact that the market is small and getting smaller.

You are indeed correct.

Rule #5 is incuded mostly because of a few "interesting" personal experiences in production machine design earlier in my career.

Especially after being called a few times to go fix things in the middle of the night when the maintenance guys couldn't figure it out... After that, keeping custom hardware simple and easy overcame my "youthful desire" to use higher-tech than required technology.

I think that's a process many engineers / designers go through.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...