IGNORED

Rare spares rubber kits

Adzmax

Has anyone used one of these kits? I hear they are a bit hit and miss. I'm curious to know what they actually include and what fits correctly, other than the boot rubber. I'm specifically interested in the rubber that runs on the underside of the brightwork at the top of the door frame in the coupe. Is that included and does it fit nice?

post-18343-14150821240956_thumb.jpg

Don't know about a 240k, but when I lived in sydney I used their kit in a HT Monaro with very mixed results. The weather strips didn't fit all that well. The texture of some rubbers was rough, not the smooth finish of the originals.

The polish would get in the rough bits and leave white smudges. The quality seemed to be batch related, because some were good to excellent and other pieces were rough.

Their chrome emblems were also poor quality and started rusting after a couple of years and that was with the car being garage when not in use.

Its going back a while now, so maybe they have improved their quality control?

Goodluck with it.

Chas

I belive i have them some where and they didnt fit, which was why i brought new ones from Japan.

If i get a chance i will check part numbers later to comform they are the same. The place that makes these kits for Rare spares is around the corner from my place and i went to visited them with other parts they couldn't match.