IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

Wife and I were out running errands. We had been spotted by the owner of this sweet '72, who drove around the shopping centers until he found our parked '77 (WILBYZ). As we chatted, a woman stopped her car- background/left- and joined the chat. She and her husband own a 77, also persimmon red. Everyone exchanged contact info and went our separate ways.

A good day.

post-23509-14150826517601_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I haven't a clue where it was filmed, but the first car seen in a 2010 movie ("5 Star Day" on Netflix), driving down a lonely street at night at approx. 2:00 into the movie, was an S30 Z. The interesting thing was that it had absolutely no significance to the movie. It just happened to be there. (The kid's car, which appeared later, was a Porsche 914.) What are the odds of a 70's era S30 Z casually buzzing through the opening scenes of a 2010 movie, barely recognizable, apart from its sugar scoop headlights and the unmistakable reflections off its contour? :-)

If you have Netflix, you might enjoy checking out this quirk of happenstance. However, the rest of the movie, about astrology and fate, is quite dumb, albeit somewhat entertaining. I felt generous, so I gave it 4 stars.

Here are a couple of screen captures from 5 Star Day:

post-18366-14150827815441_thumb.jpg

post-18366-14150827815847_thumb.jpg

I hope this is considered fair use, I am not all that knowledgeable on copyright laws. I think I saw that movie a while back.

The pictures aren't in HD though so some detail is lost.

Saw a white 240Z yesterday, first time I have seen that one, it wasn't too far from my house. Saw a 280ZX in the JY.

I've found 3 different places that have Z's in the garage and under car covers within a few blocks of my house. I found them while walking my dog. Now to find out who owns them.

Sacramento, Ca. Off highway 50 and Watt/Folsom Blvd

HermanM,

Are any of them painted a dark blue? I sold a 240Z in Sacramento back in 1985, still hoping to find it. That car was originally orange but got painted blue by the next owner.

Mike

I think one was, yes. When I see it again, I'll see if I can read the plate on it

HermanM,

Could you see if you can catch the street address? I am looking through my old files, not sure I know what the plate was but I believe in California you keep the same plate when the car changes owners. If I can find the old plate in my records that would tell me if it is the same car. The VIN would too, I would have to write to the owner and ask about that, I do have a record of the VIN, HLS30-41545, an 8/71 car.

Edited by Mikes Z car
spelling

HermanM,

Could you see if you can catch the street address? I am looking through my old files, not sure I know what the plate was but I believe in California you keep the same plate when the car changes owners. If I can find the old plate in my records that would tell me if it is the same car. The VIN would too, I would have to write to the owner and ask about that, I do have a record of the VIN, HLS30-41545, an 8/71 car.

I went and saw the Z today but one is white and 1 was black and multi colored. Neither I think the one you were looking for, but it was in Tango in the zipcode of 95826