Quarter Windows - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Quarter Windows

Featured Replies

Has anyone ever converted coupe rear quarter windows to open like 2+2 windows?

Steve

I think it is too hard to reach back there to make it functional.

The 1978-ish 200sx in North America has cool roll down rear quarter windows but it is a 4 seater.

I think it is too hard to reach back there to make it functional.

Doesn't the 280ZX 2+2 use remote levers with cables? Something like that might work.

Chuck

Just this past week we were devising a plan to do this. The trick would be to make it both functional with ease of operation and also as invisible as possible. I wouldn't like to change the outward appearance at all. We tossed around the idea of using Chrysler minivan quarter glass actuators. With todays epoxies it would not even be necessary to drill a hole in the glass. An invisible hinge on the leading edge and water tight seal around the perimeter would complete the package. The only thing that would stop me from attempting this is the likelyhood of exhaust gases entering the cabin.

I started working on that and have a good bit done towards that end, but sat it down when time got scarce, and haven't touched it in several years-I though it would be cool, even if really unnecessary-I want to say I started a thread on it too, but it may have been a footnote on my plans for my car.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I have the 2+2 and never use the side windows. If someone was in the back seat maybe they would like it open.

But only munchkins fit back there.

I love my 83 2+2 77k miles 2 owner 90% showroom cond inside and out.

midohio035-1.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.