IGNORED

Did anyone here buy this Series 1 240z?

Hardway

This beautiful S1 came up on Ebay, see link below. I am not a big fan of bidding on cars on Ebay but asked the seller if it is was for sale locally and what he or she was asking for it. He said it was not for sale locally. I watched the auction and it did not meet the reserve. I emailed him again asking if it was still for sale and he replied he sold it locally. Very disappointing! Cibolo is located just outside of San Antonio about 1.5 hours from me. I just wanted to know the asking price to see if it was something truly going after that was within my price range. If anyone knows what it truly sold for I would like to know. I am considering selling my current 240z and buying a clean S1 to both enjoy and as a possible investment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Datsun-240z-One-most-original-around-06145-/140781648517?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20c73d7a85

That is what I am assuming. Upon seeing the auction, it was actually ended early siting that the item is no longer for sale. My biggest disappointment is I was truly interested in the car and would have been willing to buy it out right, no Ebay BS and fees to deal with. Its very frustrating to see he flip flopped his selling preference and did not even give me a chance to counter seeing that I emailed him directly and he emailed me back. Oh well, may the hunting continue.

Someone local or close to him - most likely showed up with CASH in hand. Which forced him to decide to grab the cash or take a chance on Ebay tire kickers and non-payers. Must have been what the buyer expected it to be...

FWIW,

Carl B.