IGNORED

Yonmeri K

Hoybo

Hey everyone, name is Ben and here is my 1976 240k Sedan. It is my daily atm, gets driven everywhere but will soon be off the road for a bit once

I get some more parts together and flog off my other car.

I bought it off an old lady for $1700, un sighted just over the phone with only a few dodgy photos. I'm in Brisbane and the car was at her

mechanic in a shed on the Gold Coast. I went down with my mate Leon (ovenfood on here) and paid a deposit and saw how clean and nice it was.

I jumped in my mates truck (who also has a 240k) and went and picked it up the next day. The only problem is the car didn't have a steering wheel,

but luckily I got a stock 240k lender. The car is from Sydney NSW. 11/76 build 19570. Another interesting fact, I've cut a E10 Datsun cherry in

half once and salvaged the tail lights with a mate. Probably never see another one... it got me back though, gave me a pretty bad rust cut LOL.

Enough of that, onto the goodness.

- Stock engine and auto.

- Stock interior (besides 80's retrim of seats).

- Sweet F A rust.

- Running and driving up until 2 months before I bought it.

- 122000k's on it with log books from NEW. Its missing one service when they moved from NSW to QLD.

- Period correct aftermarket wheels.

- Stereo works. Heater works. Has A/c but not hooked up.

- UNCRACKED dash.

There were a few minor things for example, they had mounted spot lights on the front bar so there are holes in it. She had reversed into a pole,

so the rear end has a ding (luckily I found a straight garnish panel and badge) There is a little bit

rust in the back archs (in the boot). I repaired one side, but its coming through again (it was my first time doing body work :( ).

The drivers door is pretty much filler sadly. The roof lining is falling down a little and the seats aren't original. To anyone else its nothing,

but I'm pretty pedantic with my cars LOL. Oh and the carby needed a rebuild when I finally got it regoed.

The only things I've done to it are,

- Full service and replace anything I could.

- Installed MR30 front struts and brakes.

- C110 2000GTX steering wheel.

- Electric fuel pump.

- And a general clean up and maintain.

Immediate Plans are,

- Manual conversion, I have a 1600 pedal box, clutch line and cross member. Getting a gearbox soon and tailshaft soon.

- Manual diff. (Sorted)

- Twin carby set up. (Sorted)

- Mild cam. (Sorted)

- Extractors and exhaust. (Sorted)

- MR30 radiator and trans cooler. (Sorted)

- R31 disc rear end. (Sorted)

- Rebuild or Upgrade brake master and booster. (Sorted somewhat)

- Hidden stereo.

- Semi sealed headlight conversion.

- New shocks and springs all round (any recommendations?)

- And a few other small things, mainly replacing bits and bobs with straighter, better pieces.

Future Plans are, (chastise me if you will)

- Front strut brace, sway bars, bushes, pretty much any new bits I can get my hands on suspension wise.

- Rack and pinion steering conversion. (Been playing around with z31, r30 and r31 gear to get an idea atm)

- Another front brake upgrade.

- VQ35DE swap, 6 speed manual.

- Respray.

So thats my story and my plans, Ive been reading for a bit as I'm not much of a typer LOL. I hope to learn alot more than I already have and

hopefully trade/swap some parts etc. Thanks for reading and enjoy the photos. :)

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/ArchibaldSwift/240k/

post-23866-14150819336154_thumb.jpg

post-23866-14150819337036_thumb.jpg

I'm on a typing spree which is rare..

Parts I'm chasing (always it seems LOL)

- Sedan boot strip

- Sedan drivers door (Any colour, but no rust)

- Passenger 240k mirror

- Sedan front and rear seats (Original trim, or if anyone knows a retrimmer?)

- Rear cradle (Bare as possible)

- DASH BADGE

- Drivers chrome piece front

- Passenger chrome piece rear

I have a standard wiring loom for the engine. Also got a L24e motor in pieces with a 4 speed auto if anyone is keen?

Rust, there is not alot of I have seen. I'm also quite lucky cause it's in easy to get areas. I intend to slowly (if I can) cut it out and fix

it up properly with new metal. If its out of my skill level, I'll just take longer.

Also happy to do any mechanical work / body work (I'm very new with body work, so more so lending a hand/learning) to other fellow Datsun enthusiasts around Brisbane. Supply Coca Cola and BBQ and I'm in :P. I have plenty of tools etc.

Edited by Hoybo

• 2 months later...

Some updates...

Manual conversion is under way, aswell as general tidy up of front end, replace radiator, lights, repaint grille, bottom panel and get a few bits powder coated. Also, the rear is off too, cleaning it up, removed tow bar. I'll also tidy up the fuel pump set up and look into the twin carbies.

4 hours later...

post-23866-14150820354857_thumb.jpg

Want to sell the tow bar?

Yeh, I have no need for it. Just sitting taking up space.

has the nice Dealer fitted Trim on the seats too, which looks to have worn really well!

It is in really good nick surprisingly, little tear on the drivers seat (vinyl/leather) and both front seats could use a wash. I rarely have people in the back and the old lady before me would have never sat it in.

I have a bunch of spare 240K tow bars if Hoybo doesn't want to part with it.

What a lovely clean car! It'll come up a treat.

Thanks mate. :) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...