IGNORED

Bullet Connectors On Fuel Injectors - Fact or Fiction?

I've heard some people mention that there are bullet connectors on the wires leading to each fuel injector... Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

I've peeled back my wiring harness a few inches and found nada. I've also felt and squeezed upstream from there and have found nothing that seems like it would be a connector.

Has anyone actually seen these beasties with their own two eyes, or is this wishful thinking?

Thanks guys.

My previous owner already replaced the injector connectors with new aftermarket. He twisted, soldered and shrink tubed them into place. It seems like decent workmanship, but I was thinking that I could replace the stub of wire from the injector all the way to the bullet and get rid of one connection. That is, of course, if there were actually bullets upstream.

So, since there aren't bullets upstream... Where does the wire from a fuel injector end at the non-injector end? High side runs (non-stop direct) to the dropping resistor, and low side runs (non-stop direct) to the ECU?

Check Section BE-2 (Body Electrical) in 78FSM. It shows and describes all wiring harnesses.

Yeah, I had been through that section, but it's vague. I know what is supposed to connect to what, but the real question is... It it the same piece of wire, unadulterated, with unbroken insulation from one end to the other, and it's too vague for that.

I was just looking through the EF section again, and on page EF-18 (of the 1977 year), there's a paragraph just above "Trouble Diagnosis" that reads:

Connectors are used only in the line

between the 35-pin connector and

water temperature sensor and be-

tween the cold start valve and thermo-

time switch.

So, we've got documentation that confirms bullet connectors on the injectors is fiction, and I'm gonna assume they didn't do anything strange like bury spliced connections inside any wiring harnesses (like GM does sometimes).