IGNORED

In need of a front RH marker light

bhermes

Chuck, transaction complete. Send when you can. Also, not sure if you have the two clips that hold the side marker light on but if so please send as well if you can. If not I am sure I can get them online.

Thanks.

No problem take your time. Trying to talk the wife into $600.00 for the MSA Type II body kit. Buying regardless but things go better with her buy in. Once this arrives the painting begins. Just trying to get everything else pulled together at the same time.

Seperate issue but if you have side mirrors and or rims of some kind I may be interested. Again not needed for discussion right now. I understand your busy getting your race car going.

I got the car ready and everything loaded tonight. I'll see if I can get things boxed up tomorrow night after I get back from the track.

I have the MSA kit on my 260Z turbo but I didin't install the side kit. I don't have any side mirrors but I do have some Shelby 500 14x7 slots.

Chuck

Chuck, what car are you racing and what type of race. You may not get this until you get back. On the wheels I was thinking of switching to either 15x7 or even 16's. Putting most of my money into paint job this summer but want to have car completed by next summer.

Why did you choose not to install the side kit?

I'm racing a 1975 280Z in the SCCA ITS road racing class at Summit Point, WV. I've made a lot of changes since the last race. I'm hoping to move up to where I'm behind the really fast guys but ahead of the second group. I was at the back of the second group in our first race this year.

I don't have any extra 15" or 16" wheels. I need to buy spare set of 15x7s for the race car.

I don't like the look of the side kit. And I think it would hold in moisture and make the rockers rust out.

post-4368-14150819146298_thumb.jpg

Chuck

post-4368-14150819146094_thumb.jpg

post-4368-14150819146492_thumb.jpg

Edited by cbuczesk

I know that I am rambling now; however, I know nothing about racing my z car. What type of races etc. What modiication have you made to the car to be able to race? Again just curious and interested. Maybe not part of this particular forum.

It's road racing. Summit Point is a 2 mile road course. Mods: sticky DOT tires, 15x7 wheels, racing pads/shoes, coilovers, bigger sway bars, adj shocks, front strut bar, cage, 40 over pistons, aluminum radiator, headers, 3" exhaust, any EFI system (but all air must pass through the stock AFM), minimal head/intake porting, LSD rear, any gauges, no interior, race seat, 5-point harness, HANS, etc. There are LOTS of rules! I tried to make it as light as possible. Minimum weight for the 280Z is 2505lbs. I'm probably over 2600lbs.

Chuck