IGNORED

SNORT! "Lowest surviving production number?"

derk

Good point from 2ManyZs there about the VIN number situation. Too many times people will tend to think that the number on a particular car means it was the "xxxth" built - when the truth is somewhat more complicated than that.

I really hope that somebody buys it and DOES restore it to running condition. The poor thing deserves to survive.

Actually, if that car was up for sale here in the UK I for one would be bidding on it. Like St. Stephen and Gav240z, we are usually forced to revive cars in worse condition than this over here in rainy and cold Great Britain.............

As long as the price was not so high ( who knows how high it will go? ebay is a bit of a strange environment ) it could be a worthwhile "project" for somebody with access to a bodyshop and a good chassis jig. Would be an awful lot of work though.

This vendor might be "talking it up" a little bit ( I guess that's forgiveable seeing as he is trying to sell it ) but all in all I think it really is a fairly rare and low VIN number. There can't be all that many 1969-build cars that are going to surface "unknown" to the Z community like this one seems to be.

Mind you, once all those panels were put on, there probably would not be very much of it left that was made in 1969..............

I'll be offering prayers for this car.

Alan T.

If you read carefully, you'll find that the car doesn't have the original numbers-matching engine but a much later L24 instead. That should affect the price somewhat. Also, it has dual Weber carburetors in place of the 1969 Hitachi/SUs.