IGNORED

KEN & MARY GT-R-KPGC110 replica

MR 240K

So, this one went offshore?

Well, for what it's worth, as I've been looking for a loooong time for a good original Kenmeri, $6k was an absolute screaming bargain and, had a still been employed, ~$10k is what I'd have considered paying for the car regardless of how MR240K's costs stack up. Money making exercise? I'm just glad to hear this cars not going to be cut.

MR 240K, relax mate. I sold my car to an enthusiast for the price I needed to recoup costs as well, the 'opportunist' wanted it at a fraction of the selling price. Sorry if my remark about respecting honesty etc came across as a personal attack on yourself, I was speaking in general terms (although i can understand how within this particular topic you felt it was directed at you).

Hey, we all have to make a living somehow, and when our means of doing so is cut off (ie employment) then other things are sacrificed in order to pay the bills!

My point also was meant to demonstrate the value these cars are now reaching, far beyond what most of us imagined years ago. Unfortunately the supply/demand factor has well and truly kicked in, most enthusiasts (let's face it, if we had huge $$$, we'd be driving Ferrari's) are/were your typical middle class Datsun driver. Factor in demand from o'seas, there won't be many left in Oz in a few years.