IGNORED

?Brake Lights Not Coming On?

Davey G

First I started going through replacement brake lights, the last one only lasting a week. Now the brake lights won't come on at all. The running lights are fine, as are the other lights.

Any ideas?:confused:

Check your fuse, wire connections and bulb connections first. Make sure that they're nice and clean. If that checks out then use your voltmeter to see make sure that you have voltage at those locations. Did your new bulb burn out?

Chuck

Check your fuse, wire connections and bulb connections first. Make sure that they're nice and clean. If that checks out then use your voltmeter to see make sure that you have voltage at those locations. Did your new bulb burn out?

Chuck

None of the bulbs seem burned out...filaments intact. Put 2 new ones in yesterday...nothing. -dg

One of the contacts in the connector on my 76 lights got so hot that it melted down in to the connector, losing contact with the bulb. I assume that it started with some corrosion, creating resistance and heat. A visual check should tell you, but a voltmeter will too.

the brake lights won't come on at all.

Followed by :

The running lights are fine, as are the other lights.

Implies that the Turn Signal Lights are working, is that the case?

If so, I'd check your Hazard Switch and actually cycle it a few times. Additionally, check the Brake light switch at the top of the pedal.

E

the brake lights won't come on at all.

Followed by :

The running lights are fine, as are the other lights.

Implies that the Turn Signal Lights are working, is that the case?

If so, I'd check your Hazard Switch and actually cycle it a few times. Additionally, check the Brake light switch at the top of the pedal.

E

Thanks. I'll try that. -dg