IGNORED

Fusible Link Connectors

ZCurves

Ok,

So I have been working on a solution to replace fusible links with blade type fuses, what I am looking for are female spade connectors that are the correct width as the original fusible links - these guys are a bit wider than what is readily available. If anyone knows where I can source these, I would appreciate a note. It really is a simple solution that allows you to keep everything looking stock and not hack up your harness. When I get these all done, I'll post pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I finally received the 8mm terminals I was looking for and finished up my "Fused Links" as replacements for the P.I.T.A. fusible links. Like I mentioned earlier it is a simple solution that allows you to keep everything looking stock and not hack up your harness. The hardest thing is finding a reliable source for 8mm female spade terminals.

Initially, I used 25 and 30 Amp blade fuses but will be moving to the appropriate sizes once I confirm them - and I'll update this post. One source is atlanticzcar.

So what I did was make pigtails in red and black to match the original fusible link colors on my Z. I placed std size female spade terminals on the fuses , then I used shrink tubing to protect and dress it up. On the other ends I used the 8mm female spade terminals and placed them into the housings. Please see the related pics.

post-7312-14150819036665_thumb.jpg

What is important is to keep the concept of the fusible link intact. I believe that blade fuses - sized on the conservative side, will provide the same function - to protect the downstream circuitry. Blade fuses appear to be quicker on the draw when a problem arises.

It is important to note that if a fusible link or fuse is popping, then you must dig in and find out the root cause of the short. Clever fusible link solutions (including this one) will not repair the problem, just change how it is presented. Placing larger Amp fuses will only melt your harness and possibly burn-up your ride.

We'll see how it goes...;)

post-7312-14150819034076_thumb.jpg

post-7312-14150819034736_thumb.jpg

post-7312-1415081903534_thumb.jpg

post-7312-1415081903605_thumb.jpg